World Paper Bag Day 2021: it’s celebrated on 12 July annually to form people conscious of the pollution caused thanks to plastic and therefore the serious threat that it poses to the natural environment.
Plastic waste takes thousands of years to decompose. Therefore, it’s important to know the ill effects of single-use plastic bags.
World Paper Bag Day: History
Let us tell you that in 1852, an American inventor, Francis Wolle, established the primary sack machine. Further in 1871, Margaret E. Knight designed another machine which will produce flat-bottom paper bags. She became famous and came to be referred to as “the mother of the grocery bag”. In 1883, Charles Stilwell invented the machine which will produce square-bottom paper bags with pleated sides making them easier to fold and store. In 1912, Walter Deubener used a cord to strengthen paper bags and add carrying handles. Over the years, several inventors came and improve the assembly of paper bags.
World paper Bag day: Significance
Paper bags are made up of renewable raw materials, are recyclable and biodegradable. little question they’re strong and are used on most occasions. Several people are using bags a day made from paper that help in curbing environmental pollution. thanks to globalization, global climate change , and scarcity of raw materials people are adopting sustainable lifestyle choices, and sack is one among them. It reduces the utilization of bag which causes pollution and are non-biodegradable.
No doubt employing a sack is a crucial cornerstone to preserve our planet for future generations because paper bags are biodegradable. In several countries, sack Day is widely known on different dates.
Advantages of Paper Bags
- Using paper bags is eco-friendly.
- Packaging in paper bags is taken into account upmarket and fashionable . Packing during a simple bag and in attractive printed paper bags will certainly give a foothold to the merchandise .
- Paper bags are made from renewable resources then are easily recyclable.
- Paper bags are biodegradable and don’t leftover toxins.
- Paper bags are often used again and again with careful handling.
- Paper bags are often easily composted during a home composter.
- Paper bags are inexpensive and practical to use.
- does one know that Paper bags are made from wood that’s why they will be recycled and simply converted into new paper? Like newspapers, magazines, or books.
The disadvantage of sack s are often that they’re too porous and carrying freezing food during a paper bag is difficult. Therefore, the wet strength of the sack may be a bit poor.
No doubt using paper bags will help tons to the environment. But yes we should always not paper or shouldn’t overdo it.
Paper Bag Day 2021 Facts
- Paper Bags are safe for pets, other animals.
- Paper bags can also be used to make compost.
- A paper bag can hold up to 10-14 items and is very sturdy.
- It takes less energy to make a paper bag than a plastic bag.
- Paper bags are 100% recyclable and decompose within just a month.
Paper Bag Day 2021 Quotes, Images, Poster, Slogans, and Messages
According to sources, the paper bag machine was first invented by American inventor – Francis Wolle in 1852. It then started the revolutionary period of paper bags with the inkling beginning of Paper Bag Day 2021.
Happy Paper Bags Day. Dear paper bags some call you to sack, I call you as my friend. Thank you for carrying all my things nicely and then nicely folding them up to fit them with all other paper recyclables. – Anonymous.