World Food Day 2021 is celebrated each over the world on 16th October.
It’s an action by the Food and Agricultural Organisation (FAO) of the United Nations. After 2020, this is the alternate time that World Food Day is falling at a time when countries each over the world are reeling from the impact of the Covid-19 epidemic. The global event marks a day calling for worldwide mindfulness and collaborative action to combat the issue of hunger, and insure healthy diets for all. Then is all you need to know about this special day.
World Food Day 2021 Theme
Celebrating Food HeroesIn 2020, the theme for World Food Day was,” Grow, nourish, sustain. Together. Our conduct are our future.”This was decided keeping in mind the suffering of millions during the epidemic. This time, the emphasis is on celebrating food icons or individualities who have contributed to erecting a sustainable world where no bone has to go empty. The idea is that we all can be food icons and contribute to the idea of erecting a hunger-free world. FAO has also stressed the work of food icons across the world who are working towards the same aspect.
World Food Day 2021 History and Significance
Why Is World Food DayCelebrated?World Food Day was firstly meant to mark the day that the FAO was established in the time 1979. Still, it gradationally came a way to raise mindfulness about hunger, malnutrition, sustainability and food product. The UN Secretary-General is convening the veritably first Food Systems Summit in September 2021. The FAO website highlights some shocking statistics about food and hunger, as well as the agri- foodsystem.Almost 40 of the world’s population can not go a healthy diet.2 million people are fat or fat due to poor diet and sedentarylifestyles.The world’s food systems are responsible for further than 33 of global hothouse gas emigrations.14 of the world’s food is lost due to shy harvesting, handling, storehouse, and conveyance, and 17 is wasted at a consumerlevel.The world’s agri- food systems employ over 1 billion people which is further than any other sector. ( Also Read World Food Day 6 Bad Food Habits You Must Get Rid Of Moment)
World Food Day 2021 What Can We Do To Reduce Food Waste?
According to the FAO, we can each be food icons and do our bit to help. Whether we’re a part of the government, or private sector, civil society, or academia-it’s important to learn from nature by’ acting with nature’. Then are a many ways you can begin to take action
Choose a healthy diet and avoidultra-processed foods, to impact what the request provides us and maintain a healthy body and terrain.
Select products which are healthy for you and sustainable for the terrain too. Read the markers and packaging precisely before opting the products.
Ameliorate food storehouse and reduce destruction at home. As FAO suggests,” Buy what you use and use it all!”
. Reclaim as important as possible and exercise old water at home. Try composting and put nutrients back into the soil. You can also start your own green patch of fruits, vegetables, or sauces.
Support small growers and original directors to nurture original ecosystems.
World Food Day Quotes & Sayings
1. People who love to eat are always the best people. – Julia Child
2. Food is symbolic of love when words are inadequate. – Alan D. Wolfelt
3. Eating is not merely a material pleasure. Eating well gives us a chance to give joy to life and contributes immensely to goodwill and happy companionship. I t is of great importance to the morale. – Unknown
4. Food, It’s not only about nutrients and calories. It’s about sharing. It’s about honesty. It’s about identity. – Unknown
5. We should look for someone to eat and drink with before looking for something to eat and drink. – Epicurus
6. My weaknesses have always been food and men – in that order. – Dolly Parton
7. Food is our common ground, a universal experience. – James Beard
8. There is no love sincerer than the love of food. – George Bernard Shaw
9. Good bread is the most fundamentally satisfying of all foods; good bread with fresh butter, the greatest of feasts! – James Beard
10. There is no sincerer love than the love of food. – George Bernard Shaw
11. I always cook with wine. Sometimes I even add it to the food. – W.C. Fields
12. A human being is primarily a bag for putting food into. – George Orwell
13. We all eat, and it would be a sad waste of an opportunity to eat badly. – Anna Thomas
14. The main facts in human life are five: birth, food, sleep, love and death. – E.M. Forster
15. Large, naked, raw carrots are acceptable as food only to those who live in hutches eagerly awaiting Easter. – Fran Lebowitz
16. The only time to eat diet food is while you’re waiting for the steak to cook. – Julia Child
17. Best days are always those when you enjoy best food on your plate. – Unknown
18. I like food. I like eating. And I don’t want to lose good food. – Unknown
19. If you want to make a friend, go to someone’s house and eat with him… the people who give you their food give you their heart. – Cesar Chavez
World Food Day Wishes, Greetings & Messages
20. On World Food Day, we must promise ourselves to never waste food, as an initiative and contribution to save food for those who are hungry. Let us make a big difference with our small actions. – Happy World Food Day!
21. Let us not forget to celebrate FOOD because that is the most important lifeline. – Happy World Food Day!
22. Food symbolizes love when words fail to define it. Sending you warm wishes on World Food Day. Enjoy food with happiness!
23. Blessed souls are those who get to enjoy three meals every day, Let us always thank God for blessing us with food. A very Happy World Food Day to you!
24. In during Prohibition, I was forced to live for days on nothing but food and water. – Happy World Food Day!
25. You cannot understand the value of food until you have stayed hungry. – Happy World Food Day!
26. We all have been blessed with the opportunity to eat food but we must be responsible enough to not waste food. – Happy World Food Day!
27. We must always respect the food we get because it is the blessing of God and love from someone who cares for us. – Happy World Food Day to you and your family!
28. Blessed are those who get to enjoy three meals every day, let us thank God for blessing us with food. A very Happy World Food Day!
29. Food that we have in our plate is a result of immense amount of hard work that is put at various stages consume it with utmost respect. Best wishes on World Food Day!
World Food Day Slogans
30. Food is something that you can’t ignore!
31. Don’t throw food instead to distribute it on World’s Food Day!
32. Let’s distribute food on World Food Day!
33. Food indicate love when words are inadequate.
34. There is no loyal love than the love of food.