World Contraception Day takes place on September 26th every year. The annual worldwide campaign centers around a vision where every pregnancy is wanted.
Whether you’re a breastfeeding mother considering getting intimate your spouse or a few not looking to urge pregnant anytime soon, all you would like , in either case, is that the right contraception method to stop any surprises! There are several contraception options available to you, but with little or lack of correct information available associated with contraception, you’re likely to possess doubts about it.
This is where the planet Contraception Day campaign comes in! World Contraception Day is an annual worldwide campaign aimed to boost awareness about contraception and educate people about the varied contraception options. Read this text to find out more about World Contraception Day, its history, facts, and more!
What is World Contraception Day?
World Contraception Day, observed on 26th September per annum , is an annual global campaign to enhance awareness about contraception
. This campaign aims to boost awareness about contraception methods available to a lady and her partner to enable them to form an informed decision regarding their reproductive health. This global campaign pushes for better education associated with safe and guarded sex in order that no pregnancy is unplanned or unwanted!
When is it Celebrated?
World Contraception Day is observed on 26th September Every Year .
History of World Contraception Day
World Contraception Day was first observed on 26th September in 2007 by ten international birth control organizations to boost awareness about contraception and to enable couples to form an informed decision regarding starting a family, in order that every pregnancy is needed . The WCD promotes birth control and contraceptive methods that are safe and preferred. World Contraception Day is supported by a coalition of 15 international NGOs, governmental organizations, and scientific and medical societies with an interest of spreading the proper knowledge about sexual and reproductive health.
Importance of Contraception
Using protection while getting under the sheets together with your partner can certainly prevent an untimely and unwanted pregnancy. But there’s a variety of advantages of using contraception, which the planet Contraception Day global campaign aims to form people conscious of . Here’s why contraception is necessary:
Using contraception helps in birth control . Being informed about (and having access to) various contraception methods can help a lady (and couples) decide once they want to possess children and the way many. a few can choose once they want to start having children, how far apart they need their children to be, and once they should stop. Maintaining a perfect gap between two or more pregnancies can help them prepare financially for his or her children’s educational needs and other needs.
Young girls and ladies who aren’t ready for pregnancy, both mentally and physically, may enjoy using contraception. Women can prevent pregnancy with the assistance of contraception until their bodies are prepared for an equivalent . Contraception also can help older women protect pregnancy, especially if they’re sure to experience pregnancy-related risks or complications, thus reducing the necessity for abortion.
Birth control also can control increase . While the choice to possess a baby or more is an individual’s choice, having more children can increase the population. And overpopulation can put pressure on the environment, economy, and health and education services. Using contraception during sexual activity can help prevent unwanted pregnancies and help a few plan the amount of youngsters they need to possess in order that they will raise them well, both financially and emotionally.
A woman applying contraception patch on her arm
How you’ll Contribute on World Contraception Day
Sexual intercourse may be a fundamental a part of our existence, but talking about sex or reproductive health remains a taboo in several countries. World Contraception Day, the worldwide campaign aims to vary by educating couples and ladies about reproductive health and therefore the various contraception methods available to them. On today , here’s what you’ll do to contribute for World Contraception Day campaign.
Stay informed and educate others. If you’ve got teenage kids, nieces, or nephews, educate them about sexual health and mention the importance of contraception. But while you’re at it, confirm that your tone is gentle. you would like to form them aware, not scare them!
If you’re in your reproductive years and have a lively sex life, equip yourself with the proper information on contraception . ask a doctor about the varied contraception methods, and choose one after considering the security and side effects of every . When it involves preventing pregnancy, voice your concerns and obtain all of your questions answered by your gynaecologist.
Visit schools or take webinars to teach school kids about sexual health and adolescent kids about various methods of contraception.
Talk to your family and friends about the safe methods of contraception and help them prevent untimely pregnancies.
Some Facts About Contraception From round the World
Here are some interesting facts about contraception which will surprise you:
- Most women between the ages of 15 and 44 years within the US use contraception.
- The pill remains to be a well-liked choice of contraception among many ladies , but its usage decreases as women age.
- Tubal ligation (or getting the tubes tied) is another popular sort of contraception among women within the US.
- Contraceptive patches and rings are more convenient than pills as a patch and ring got to be changed weekly and monthly respectively, whereas the pill must be taken daily. It are often hard for a lady to recollect to require the pill daily.
- Contraceptive methods like implants and IUDs are considered to be the foremost effective as their failure rate is below 1 per cent.
- Barriers are necessary and may convince be beneficial! Use contraception if you don’t want to urge pregnant anytime soon, and luxuriate in the intimate moments together with your spouse with none worries. And now that you simply are cognizant of the advantages and importance of contraception, do allow us to know within the comments how you propose to contribute to the planet Contraception Day global campaign!
World Contraception Day Messages, Contraception Quotes & Greetings
1. You must have the control over your life to have a happy and healthy life…. Wishing you all the happiness in life and the control to take your own decisions on World Contraception Day.
2. Warm wishes on World Contraception Day to you…. Don’t let anything come in between your healthy life and you because both are precious.
3. The easiest way to avoid unwanted pregnancies is by being proactive…. Use contraceptives…. Happy World Contraception Day to you.
4. World Contraception Day is a reminder to all of us that we can have a healthy life and a happy life, if we use contraceptive methods.
6. It is very important to be aware to avoid being sorry later and World Contraception Day is one such day that reminds us that we need to be aware of contraception.
7. Lack of knowledge leads to more of suffering…. On the occasion of World Contraception Day, let us make more and more people aware of contraception and its importance.
8. Contraceptives are as important as our life because they help us live a healthy and happy life…. Wishing a very Happy World Contraception Day.
10. One wrong decision of your life can put you in trouble and contraception protects you from taking the wrong decision…. Wishing a very Happy World Contraception Day.