This fruit is being grown for over 4500 years in tropical regions and has immense health benefits and culinary uses. Water, oil, meat or milk, everything are often used. to make awareness about the usage of this unique fruit, World Coconut Day is widely known on 2 September every year .
World Coconut Day 2021: Theme
This year the pandemic has affected everyone and everything during a negative way. the planet Coconut day 2021 theme is -“Building a secure Inclusive Resilient and Sustainable Coconut Community Amid COVID-19 Pandemic & Beyond”.
World Coconut Day 2021: 33 Different Uses Of copra oil – Benefits, Allergies and the way Much To Consume Per DayWorld Coconut Day 2021: 33 Different Uses Of copra oil – Benefits, Allergies and the way Much To Consume Per Day
World Coconut Day: History And Significance
The main aim behind celebrating today is to make awareness across the planet about the importance of coconut and therefore the health benefits attached to the present tropical fruit. The day is particularly marked in countries under Asian and Pacific regions by the Asian and Pacific Coconut Community (APCC) as they need most of the world’s coconut growing production centres.
It was in 2009 when world coconut day was celebrated for the primary time. APCC, which is headquartered in Jakarta Indonesia, operates under the flagship authority of the UN-ESCAP (United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and therefore the Pacific). the aim to mark today is to spotlight the policies and express the plan of action.
India is one among the topmost countries within the global list of countries with coconut productivity. With the support of the Coconut Development Board (CDB), today is widely known across the states like Kerala, Tamil Nadu , Karnataka, Goa, West Bengal , Andhra Pradesh , Orissa, etc.
Make Your Favourite Curry Healthier And Tastier With These Coconut Milk SubstitutesMake Your Favourite Curry Healthier And Tastier With These Coconut Milk Substitutes
Awareness campaigns and technical sessions are organised by experts to extend the assembly of the coconut and awareness regarding the usage. Farmers and businessmen attend the event with great enthusiasm and exchange ideas and concerns about coconut productions.
World Coconut Day 2021 Celebration
World Coconut Day is celebrated by raising awareness about the health and commercial benefits of Coconut. Celebrated Coconut that was planted in tropical regions for millions of years. On this day, the entire world celebrates one of nature’s healthiest foods. In India, Coconut Development Board celebrates World Coconut Day.
- On this day, crack open a coconut, if you have never done it. It will be a lot of fun to crack into a real coconut.
- Cook special coconut-based food and serve it to your loved ones.
- You can also throw a party, and provide coconut-based dishes and drinks.
- Post and share your World Coconut Day celebrations on social media using the hashtag #WorldCoconutDay.
World Coconut Day: Coconut Benefits
Apart from production and variety , the day also attempts to suggest the important role coconut can play within the alleviation of poverty by promoting the coconut industry. World Coconut Day 2021 marks the 23rd year of the celebration.
Coconut contains several important minerals, protein and tiny amounts of B vitamins. it’s high in manganese, which is extremely essential for bone health. The oil that’s extracted from the coconut aids weight loss, helps to lower cholesterol, improves your brain function and also moisturises your skin. It also can kill harmful microorganisms. Further, coconut milk may be a refreshing drink and can assist you to stop kidney stones and protect you against diabetes. It also increases your energy levels
World Coconut Day – Interesting Facts
- Coconut is be used as a flotation device.
- In Asian and Pacific Ocean cultures the coconut figures in creation stories and myths.
- Other than India, ancient coconut fossils have been found in Australia and Columbia.
- Over 100 species of coconut trees are present. It includes dwarf varieties.
- Coconut trees can’t be grown away from the shore without human beings transporting it.
- Coconut used to be spelled “cocoanut.”
- In the Maldives, Coconut is in the nation’s coat of arms and is the national tree.
- It is said that the coconut fruit can travel up to 100 days on the ocean’s tide and still germinate.
- Coconut is used in religious ceremonies in India. It is prominent in the Hindu religion.
- The coconut tree contains both male and female flowers but doesn’t self-pollinate.
- The tree has an unusually shallow, fibrous root system that lacks a tap root and root hairs.
- The trunk of a coconut tree is used in the construction of bridges, houses, and boats.
- In the 1970s, General Marcos of the Philippines built a palace from coconut timber.
- Sap from the unopened coconut flower can be made into “coconut vodka.”