Dahi Handi may be a major a part of the celebration of Janmashtami and on this occasion, a ‘handi’ or earthen pot, crammed with ‘dahi’ and ‘makkhan’ is hung at a height. a gaggle of young boys make an enormous human pyramid and plan to break the ‘handi’ to urge to the ‘makkhan’ inside.
Krishna Janmashtami marks the auspicious day when Lord Krishna, an avatar of the Lord Vishnu, was born to Devaki and Vasudev to rid the people of Mathura from the tyranny of King Kansa. it’s one among the foremost important festivals within the Hindu religion. This year the celebration for Janmashtami is happening on August 29, followed by the celebration of Dahi Handi on August 31
Janmashtami 2021 date: When is Janmashtami?
This year, Krishna Janmashtami will be observed on August 30.
Krishna Janmasthami 2021 Tithi
The Ashtami Tithi begins at 11:25 PM on August 29 and ends at 1:59 AM on August 31.
Krishna Janmashtami 2021 Nishita Kaal Puja Shubh Muhurat
Shri Krishna was born at midnight. Therefore, the puja is performed during Nishita Kaal. This year’s puja’s timings are between 11:59 PM on August 30 to 12:44 AM on August 31.
Devotees observe a fast on Janmashtami to pay homage to their beloved deity. They break it only after offering their prayers to him during the time mentioned above, i.e. during Nishita Kaal. The ritual of breaking the fast is called Parana. Some devotees break the fast only after Rohini Nakshatra and Ashtami Tithi or one of the two are over.
Janmashtami 2021 Vrat Parana timings (Vrat ending time)
One can break the fast after 9:44 AM on August 31.
If one cannot wait so long, they can do the Parana after 5:59 AM, August 31.
Here’s another Parana timing for those who may not be able to bear long hours of fasting. They can break their fast after 12:44 AM on August 31.
Janmasthami Rohini Nakshatra 2021 Timings
The time when Rohini Nakshatra prevails is also of great significance. This year it starts at 6:39 AM on August 30 and ends at 9:44 AM on August 31.
The 8th avatar of Lord Vishnu was prophesied to be the one to rid Mathura from evil and cause the downfall of King Kansa. However, once Kind Kansa became aware that the one to cause his defeat would be his own nephew, he vowed to kill all the youngsters born to his sister Devaki. to stop Lord Krishna’s death, Vasudev took Him to Yashoda and Nanda in Vrindavan.
Lord Krishna was very spirited and naughty as a toddler . His love for ‘makkhan’ and ‘dahi’ and every one other dairy products drove him to steal them from the residents of Vrindavan. His foster mother would need to tie him up in an effort to prevent him from stealing from their neighbours. But the small ‘makkhan chor’ had the facility of God on his side.
- Celebrate the birthday of Krishan with devotion in heart and kindness in act. Happy Janmashtami.
- The Natkhatlala is celebrating his birthday, be the part of his birthday celebration or he will get angry.
- May the lord Krisna shower all his blessings on you and your family and bless you prosperity. Happy Janmashtami.
- The way you enchant his name, you surely are his favorite child. Happy Birthday to Krishna.Happy Janmashtami.
- Happy Janmashtami to you and your family, may you have a great time with your little Krishna.
- It is amazing that you have got Krishna at your home this year. May you have a great year.
- It’s the birthday of NandLala, there should not be any compromise in his birthday celebration, Happy Janmashtami.
- Happy Janmashtami, Happy Janmashtami and Happy Janmashtami the biggest fan of Krishna.
- He is cute, he adorable, he intelligent and he is incomparable. Happy Janmashtami.
- May God shower, lots of blessings and rewards on you on the occasion of Janmashtami. Happy Janmashtami