Happy Parents Day 2021: Here’s all you need to know about the date when Parents Day is celebrated globally, importance or significance of why it is observed, its theme amid Covid-19
A day to appreciate parents across the world, Global Parents Day or Parents Day, is an excellent opportunity for children and parents to celebrate the unique bond. “As families have borne the brunt of the COVID-19 pandemic, family-friendly workplace practices and stronger childcare policies are needed more than ever,” the United Nations said in its message on Global Day of Parents. This montage by the UN body shows why being a parent is special:
Global Day Of Parents 2021 Date
Designated by the General Assembly in 2012, it was proclaimed that June 1 will be observed annually as the Global Day of Parents in honour of parents throughout the world.
The United Nations stress that as the anchors of the family and the foundation of our communities and societies, parents have the responsibility of sheltering their families from harm, caring for out-of-school children and at the same time, continuing their work responsibilities. Without support from parents, children’s health, education and emotional well-being is at risk.
Global Day Of Parents Origin
Global Day of Parents was proclaimed by the UN General Assembly in 2012 with a resolution and honour parents throughout the world. It is celebrated in different countries on different dates. Like in the USA it is celebrated on July (4rth Sunday), South Korea (8 May), etc. The day also recognises the important role of responsible parenting in everyday life.
From providing mental, emotional and financial stabilty, our parents strive and do their best to make sure that their kids do not lack anything in life and so, Global Day of Parents is marked to appreciate their efforts. It provides an opportunity to appreciate all parents for their “selfless commitment to children and their lifelong sacrifice towards nurturing this relationship.”
Global Day Of Parents History and significance
The important role of the family has increasingly come to the attention of the international community ever since 1980s. The United Nations established this day to recognize “the critical role of parents in the rearing of children, the Global Day of Parents recognizes that the family has the primary responsibility for the nurturing and protection of children. For the full and harmonious development of their personality, children should grow up in a family environment and in an atmosphere of happiness, love and understanding.”
Global Day Of Parents 2021 Theme
Urging us to acknowledge parents’ worth and affection and to value the sacrifices they make for their children, the theme for Parents Day 2021 is ‘Appreciate All Parents Throughout The World’ in endorsement of their struggles and sacrifices towards their children especially during the Covid-19 pandemic which hugely raised their responsibilities. Dedicated to all parents throughout the world who work, suffer and sacrifice for the comfort of their families, Parents Day 2021’s theme also pushes us to remember the lost-ones from our parents and pays tribute to them for their valuable efforts for our existence and survival.
Global Day of Parents 2021: Quotes, Wishes, Greetings, Messages, WhatsApp & Facebook Status, images, pics, wallpapers
1. You two have always been my source of inspiration and my motivation. I love you, mom and dad. Wishing both of you a happy parent’s day!
2. I was born lucky because I was born to the most adorable parents in the world. Thanks for making my world so beautiful. Happy Parents’ Day!
3. On this day, I want you to know that I love you both so very much. Your happiness is what matters to me the most. Wishing you a world full of happiness!
4. Dear Mother and Father, Happy Parent’s Day! Thank you for guiding me through my life like a mentor and supporting me like a true friend!
5. Happy Parent’s Day to you, Mom and Dad! You two are the coolest parents I have ever seen and thank God you are mine!
6. I am so lucky to have you both as my guardian angels. Happy Parent’s Day!
7. Happy Parent’s Day Mom! You always taught me the good values of life and inspired me to be a better person every day. I love you!
8. Thanks for giving me a life full of happiness and dreams. You are so special to me. Happy Parents Day, dad!
9. Parents are not just mom and dad. But together they form an institution for a child. Happy Parents Day to all those parents who never give up on their child!
10. Parents are the architect of a better tomorrow. The fate of this world relies heavily on the duties they perform every day, every moment. Have a Happy Parents Day!
Our parents may find it difficult to be with the family sometimes due to certain social, economical or geographical factors but their love and care never fails to keep us cocooned in warmth and affection. Here’s taking a moment to be grateful for our parents for their ever unsung contributions and wishing all the nurturers a Happy Parents Day!
Global Day of Parents 2021: Wishes and Messages
1. Mom and dad, thank you for the greatest gift of all, the gift of unconditional love. Happy Global Day of Parents!
2. Let’s take a moment to be grateful to our parents. They are the reasons why we breathe. Happy Global Day of Parents!
3. Parents are not just mom and dad. But together they form an institution for a child. Happy parent’s day to all those parents who never give up on their child!
4. It is not possible to list all the things you have sacrificed in order to keep me happy. Thank you for everything! Wishing Happy Global Day of Parents!
5. I am so grateful to you two for all the little things you have done to make my life better and easier. Happy Global Day of Parents!
6. My Mom and Dad, you two filled up my life with sunshine and happiness! Thank you for being my best friend! Happy Parent’s Day to you!
7. The biggest blessing for a child is his parents. I feel lucky all the time for having such amazing parents like you! Happy Global Day of Parents!
8. You bring a smile on my face when I am sad, you set my spirits high when I feel low, and you just make my day brighter with your love and care. Happy Global Day of Parents!
9. All that I really need is right here with me. The most important part of my life, mom and dad, it’s you. Happy Parents Day!
10. Today is a very special day for me because I get to celebrate the people I love more than my life and they’re my beloved parents! Happy Global Day of Parents!