The day highlights the unity and solidarity of the worldwide physiotherapy community. It also provides a chance for physiotherapists from across the planet to spread awareness about the important contribution of the profession that creates keep people well, mobile and independent. The World Confederation of physiotherapy (WCPT) in 1996 designated 8 September as World physical therapy Day
World Physical Therapy Day 2021 Theme
Every year, the organization celebrates the World Physical therapy Day or the physiotherapists Day with unique themes. This year, World Physical Therapy Day 2021 Theme is “Rehabilitation and Long COVID-19”.
World physical therapy Day: History
The World Confederation of physiotherapy (WCPT) in 1996 designated 8 September as World physical therapy Day. This date was founded by WCPT in 1951. As per the several reports from across the planet , the activities of World physiotherapy Day have a positive impact on the profile of the profession and standing with both the general public and policymakers. Several WCPT member organisations have already got their own national physiotherapy days, weeks and months.
About physical therapist and physiotherapy
In this therapy, trained professionals evaluate and treat abnormal physical functions associated with injury, disability, disease, or condition. As per the American physiotherapy Association (APTA), a physical therapist may be a trained and licensed medical professional. that they had experience in diagnosing physical abnormalities, restoring physical function, and mobility. They also help in maintaining physical function, promoting physical activity and proper function.
In other words, we will say that physical therapists are those specialists that evaluate and treat disorders of the physical body mainly by physical means. They primarily specialise in those individuals who have disturbed function or impairment associated with musculoskeletal, neurological, cardiopulmonary, and integumentary (skin) systems.
Some benefits of physical therapy
The benefits of physiotherapy depend on the rationale for treatment. Benefits are as follows:
- Reduce or eliminate pain
- Avoiding surgery
- Improved mobility and movement
- get over a stroke
- get over or prevent a sports injury
- Fall prevention
- Improved balance
- Age-related medical problems also can be managed through it
- Helps in managing diabetes and vascular conditions
- Helps in managing heart and lung disease
- Helps in managing Women’s health and other conditions.
World physiotherapy Day 2020: Quotes
- “Each body is different. Therefore, each rehabilitation must be different” – Joerg Teichmann
- “Happiness may be a state of mental, physical, and spiritual well-being. Think pleasantly, engaged sport, and skim daily to reinforce your well-being.”- Lailah Gifty Akita
- Structure without function may be a corpse. – Karen Warren
- “All the fabric wealth can’t be substituted for the spiritual, physical, emotion and mental well-being.”- Lailah Gifty Akita
- “You can reach maximum performance by engaging in physical activities.”- Lailah Gifty Akita
- “Physical therapy features a high burnout rate. The long hours of intense one-on-one time is emotionally fatiguing. And while we universally love our patients, there’s always one rotten apple within the bunch who just breaks you down.” – Adele Levine
- “Being physically healthy isn’t expensive!
Being injured is..
So prevent injuries!”
- Joerg Teichmann
Therefore, we will say that physical therapy is one among the simplest choices that we will bring future pain or chronic pain or an injury. It can help in making us stronger and feel better. it’s said that physical therapists are experts not only in treating pain but also its source. during a session of physiotherapy , an individual may do a mixture of low-impact aerobic training, strengthening exercises, pain relief exercises, and stretching.