World Oceans Day is observed on June 8. Oceans play a serious role in lifestyle of individuals globally.
Oceans are the lungs of our planet and a crucial a part of the biosphere. the planet Oceans Day gives governments across the planet a chance to tell people about the impact of economic activities and human actions on the ocean.
World Oceans Day 2021 History
This was first suggested in 1992 during the Earth Summit in Rio de Janeiro. The aim behind this was to not only celebrate the vast water body and its benefits in our lives but also to raise awareness about what can be done to make it a part of sustainable development. On December 5, 2008, a resolution was passed by the UN General Assembly to designate this day.
In 1973, International Marine Organization was formed to deal with issues regarging pollution from ships by oil, by noxious liquid substances carried in bulk, sewage, garbage and therefore the checking pollution from ships. The theme of World Oceans Day 2021 is – The Ocean: Life and Livelihoods. before the UN Decade of Ocean Science for Sustainable Development, from 2021 to 2030, the theme aims to strengthen cooperation worldwide to “develop the research project and innovative technologies which will connect ocean science with the requirements of society.”
World Ocean Day Significance
UNESCO states that today is observed to remind everyone that oceans are the lungs of our planet. Awareness is raised about the way to conserve it and rescue it from the eventual degradation that’s caused by our careless activities. Therefore, World Ocean Day is widely known for this reason all across the planet .
World Ocean Day Theme
This year, the theme of World Ocean Day is ‘The Ocean: Life and Livelihoods’. due to the pandemic, all the celebrations today will happen virtually.
World Ocean Day Quotes
“Faith is knowing there’s an ocean because you’ve got seen a brook.” —William Arthur Ward
“No water, no life. No blue, no green.”- Plath
“There goes to be no life. We are getting to save our oceans. On the occasion of World Oceans Day, allow us to join hands to save lots of them. Happy World Oceans Day.”
“You will love the ocean. It causes you to feel small. But not during a bad way. Small because you realize you’re a part of something bigger.”- Lauren Myracle
Ocean is more ancient than the mountains, and freighted with the memories and therefore the dreams of your time . – H. P. Lovecraft
.Being out there within the ocean, God’s creation, it’s sort of a gift he has given us to enjoy. – Bethany Hamilton
To me the ocean may be a continual miracle; The fishes that swim–the rocks–the motion of the waves–the ships, with men in them. What stranger miracles are there? – Whitman
World Oceans Day Wishes
“Oceans are the presents from God and we must take care of them by being more responsible. Happy World Oceans Day.”
“World Oceans Day reminds us that every day we are spoiling the beautiful oceans with our wrong deeds. Let us reverse it all and save them.”
“There is going to be no life is we are not going to save our oceans. On the occasion of World Oceans Day, let us join hands to save them.”
World Oceans Day Messages
1. Always remember the power of one…. Each one of us can contribute in saving our oceans…. No effort is insignificant, no drop of water is too small, no good intention is too weak…. Let us join hands to bring the change…. Happy World Oceans Day.
2. Oceans are not mere bodies of water, they are the source of life on Earth, they are the source of oxygen for us…. Time has come to protect them and save them…. Warm wishes to you on World Oceans Day.
3. World Oceans Day is the reminder that oceans are the most beautiful and most precious creation of Almighty and we must respect them and save them to make our lives happier.
4. Oceans are a nexus…. A bond between continents, their people, their culture and their life…. Let us value this connection and work to save them…. Sending best wishes to you on World Oceans Day.
5. It was very thoughtful of God to create oceans to give us healthier, happier and fun-filled lives but it is very mean of us to not take care of them and spoil them for our benefits. Let us work to protect them. Happy World Oceans Day.
6. Sea is the ocean of miracles…. Its beauty and surprises are breathtaking…. Every wave, every tide, every beach charges our lives…. Wake up and work hard to save the most amazing creation of God. Best wishes on World Oceans Day.
7. Earth will never be the same if our oceans will not be there….. They are the source of life and source of hope for us…. Let us join hands to protect them…. Let us join hands to save them…. Happy World Oceans Day.
8. The stretch and depth of the ocean define life….. Don’t let the life in the sea die because of our wrong actions. World Oceans Day is the day which reminds us of our duties and responsibilities towards oceans.
9. A look at the sea calms your mind and soul….. A swim in the sea soothes you body….. Such soothing is the effect of oceans that we consider unimportant…. On World Oceans Day, promise ourselves to save oceans!!!
World Oceans Day 2021: Here are 10 interesting facts on oceans
- Over three billion people believe the ocean for his or her livelihood.
- The ocean contains 50-80 per cent of all life on Earth.
- Only one per cent of the ocean is legally protected.
- Harmful algae blooms are increasing; they will cause massive fish kills and contaminate seafood with toxins.
- Oceans help in reducing global climate change by storing large amounts of CO2 . But increasing levels of dissolved carbon are making the seawater more acidic.
- About 70 per cent of the oxygen we breathe is produced by the oceans.
- The sea is home to the world’s largest living structure – the good coral reef . It is 2,600 km long and may seen from the Moon.
- We have only explored about five per cent of the world’s oceans and there are tons more that must be discovered.
- According to World Register of Marine Species (WoRMS), there are currently a minimum of 236,878 named marine species.
- 90 per cent of all volcanic activity occurs within the oceans.