World Food Day is an international day celebrated every year around the world on 16 October in honor of the date of the founding of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations in 1945. The day is celebrated widely by many other organizations concerned with food security, including the World Food Programme and the International Fund for Agricultural Development.
World Food Day 2020 Theme – “Grow, nourish, sustain. together“
World Food Day 2020 Messages, Wishes & Quotes
“Together we can fight against hunger, Together we can provide a better tomorrow to children by feeding them. Let us come together and promise ourselves to eradicate this evil by feeding the hungry. Warm wishes to you on World Food Day.”
उतना ही ले थाली में, व्यर्थ ना जाए नाली में
” स्वच्छ खाएं, स्वस्थ खाएं”
आपको विश्व खाद्य दिवस की बहुत-बहुत शुभकामनाएँ 🌍🍲🙏
Foodie with passion is an exceptional combination.
𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐅𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐃𝐚𝐲🍱🍝
Together we can fight against hunger and share food for the needy.
World Food Day October 16
World Food Day Themes
Since 1981, World Food Day has adopted a different theme each year in order to highlight areas needed for action and provide a common focus.
Most of the themes revolve around agriculture because only investment in agriculture – together with support for education and health – will turn this situation around. The bulk of that investment will have to come from the private sector, with public investment playing a crucial role, especially in view of its facilitating and stimulating effect on private investment.
In spite of the importance of agriculture as the driving force in the economies of many developing countries, this vital sector is frequently starved of investment. In particular, foreign aid to agriculture has shown marked declines over the past 20 years.
- 2010: United against hunger
- 2011: Food prices – from crisis to stability
- 2012: Agricultural cooperatives – key to feeding the world
- 2013: Sustainable Food Systems for Food Security and Nutrition
- 2014: Family Farming: “Feeding the world, caring for the earth”
- 2015: “Social Protection and Agriculture: Breaking the Cycle of Rural Poverty”
- 2016: Climate change: “Climate is changing. Food and agriculture must too”
- 2017: Change the future of migration. Invest in food security and rural development.
- 2018: “Our Actions Are Our Future, Ending World Hunger by 2030 is Possible”
- 2019: “Our Actions Are Our Future, Healthy Diets for A # ZeroHunger World”
- 2020: “Grow, Nourish, Sustain. Together”
World Food Day (WFD) was established by FAO’s Member Countries at the Organization’s 20th General Conference in November 1979. The Hungarian Delegation, led by the former Hungarian Minister of Agriculture and Food Dr. Pál Romány, played an active role at the 20th Session of the FAO Conference and suggested the idea of celebrating the WFD worldwide. It has since been observed every year in more than 150 countries, raising awareness of the issues behind poverty and hunger.