World Asthma Day will be held on Wednesday, May 5 For this year only. Starting in 2022, World Asthma Day will be held on the first Tuesday in May. This year, it will be observed on May 5 2021 Asthma is a chronic lung disease that causes difficulty in breathing due to the narrow airways in the body. According to the CDC, one in thirteen Americans have Asthma and this day is observed to spread awareness among the masses and to educate them about the complication of asthma.
History of World Asthma Day:
This day was founded in 1993 by Global Initiative for Asthma (GINA) in collaboration with World Health Organisation. This day was first observed in 1998 in more than 35 countries.
Asthma is basically a bronchial infection in which the bronchi actually swells and whenever, mucus gets deposit in bronchi it creates problem in breathing which leads to a asthmatic attack. It is considered as a universal chronic disease. As it lasts for a long span of time if not cured at early age. In modern science there is no medication discovered to cure it permanently. However, some drugs has been introduced which provide temporary relief.
These drugs are highly effective and melt down the mucus within second thus, clear up the bronchial passage for breathing. Patient is made to inhale medicine by the mean of a inhaler pump. Asthmatic patient need to take this inhaler twice or thrice a day. In absence of it his/her condition may be critical. So, in order to get rid of it permanently you will have to follow up a tight schedule for a quite long period of time.
How to cure Asthma permanently
Asthma can be cured by following these simple steps:-
1.Yoga and regular exercise :- Yoga and physical exercises helps a lot to overcome from breathing problems . Pranayams such as Anilom-Vilom and Kapaalbhati are considered as the best yoga exercises for asthmatic patient. About 30 to 45 min of daily yoga can bring a magical change.
2.Precaution’s and Prevention’s :-
• Keep yourself away from dusty places.
• Fried and spicy food should be avoided.
• Avoid cold places such as AC rooms.
• Don’t eat foods creating mucus, such as curd, rice etc.
• Take light dinner about 2 to 2.5 hours before going to bed.
3.Have faith in yourself :- The last but the most important thing required to cure asthma is your faith in yourself. You must have faith and patience. It looks funny that faith can cure a disease but it’s a real truth. There is a quote for faith that
“Faith can move mountains”
It means faith have so much of power that it can move even mountains. But here, we have to fight with a simple disease which is extremely easy.
World Asthma Day 2021 Theme:
This year, the theme for World Asthma Day is “Uncovering Asthma Misconceptions”. The theme to uncover the asthma misconceptions is to destigmatize the misconception related to the complication of asthma.
What are the common misconceptions of asthma?
*Asthma is a childhood disease, a person can grow out of it as they age.
*Asthma sufferers should avoid exercising.
*Asthma is controllable with high dose steroids.
*Asthma is infectious.
What is the truth?
*Asthma is not infectious.
*When asthma is controlled, asthmatic people can exercise well.
*Asthma is controllable with low dose inhaled steroids.
World Asthma Day Messages, Quotes And Wishes
- When you can’t breathe, nothing else in your life matters. This World Asthma Day help to create awareness about asthma so people can breathe more easily.
- The World Asthma Day is all about informing the people suffering from asthma to go slow. Breathe in and breathe out and stay calm.
- Asthma is a breathtaking experience, literally. World Asthma Day is devoted to creating more knowledge and making this experience easier.
- _ On this World Asthma Day help The Global Initiative for Asthma (GINA)spread their message across that, “You can control your asthma.”
- _ A healthy heart is a must to for healthy body which requires healthy air. Let us contribute to this World Asthma Day by making our surroundings and the air clean.
- _ On the World Asthma Day learn how to take one step at a time with your inhaler in hand to be able to fulfill your dreams and live life to the fullest.
- _ Problems of any kind are never a stop sign but the guidelines to learn from. Wish you a happy World Asthma Day.
- _ To build a better future for our children it is important to leave a healthy atmosphere. Let’s come together on this World Asthma Day to ensure pollution free surrounding.
- _ Make this World Asthma Day more meaningful for each one of us by safeguarding your loved from asthma.