National Technology Day 2020: National Technology Day is celebrated across India every year on 11 May to commemorate India’s scientific advancement. On 11 May 1998, India successfully tested nuclear bombs in Pokhran.
Every year, the National Technology Day is celebrated in India, with a view to promote technological entrepreneurship and development of cost effective mediums of substantive technology solutions which can be put to use in the Indian context, aiming to alleviate the current issues that the country faces.
Innovators and entrepreneurs across all walks of technology industry are awarded with honour, in celebration of this day. India achieved a significant milestone with the initiation of this day. The day is marked on the 11th of May and has been celebrated each year on this day since the year 1998. On this day, the country seeks to honours the architects of such innovations and entrepreneurs, who bring technology developments
Significance of Nationation Technology Day
- On 11 May 1998, First indigenous aircraft “Hansa-3” was test flown at Bangalore.
- – India performed successful test firing of the Trishul missile on the same day.
- – At that time very few countries have nuclear power and India had become one of those elite players and became the sixth country to join the nuclear club.
- – Operation Shakti (Pokhran-II) on 11 May,1998 was initiated.
- – Every year, on this day, the Technology Development Board of India awards various individuals with national awards for their contribution to indigenous technology.
- Therefore, we can say that this day glorifies the importance of science in day to day life and motivates us to adopt science as a field of career.
National Technology Day 2021 Messages, Quotes, Greetings and Facts
- – Elemental knowledge strongly needed to eliminate the dowry system. Create awareness on elemental knowledge. Happy National technology day.
- – On the occasion of National Technology Day we are saluting 20 years of Pokhran test.
- – The initiative by former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee Ji. An inspiration for youths to transform India through technology. National technology day.
- – On National Technology Day, let’s salute our scientists for their services & achievements in the field of Science & Technology.
- – Science & Technology for a Sustainable Future! Happy National technology day.
- – With every innovation, let’s celebrate the future of India. National Technology Day.
- – Technology enables progress and knowledge. National Technology Day.
- – Let us recognize the footstep India has taken to open a whole new world for us and widen our perspective on technology. National technology day.
- – The large-scale innovations would lead us to take the raising challenges in the field of transportation, energy, water conservation, urbanization etc. National technology day.
- – On National technology day, India had carried out a series of nuclear bomb tests at Pokhran firing range in the Thar desert of Rajasthan. Let’s salute the Nation.
- – Today let’s remember those brilliant scientists and the people behind all the technology growth in India. National Technology Day.
- – Saluting the courage, determination, sacrifice of all scientists, engineers, soldiers and brave leadership of late AB Vajpayee Ji, late Dr APJ Abdul Kalam on the anniversary of Pokhran turning point in India’s scientific & technological progress. National Technology Day.
- – On National Technology Day, we salute our scientists, technicians, and leaders on working tirelessly for India.
- – The national technology day recognizes technological innovations & their successful commercialization.
- – On National Technology Day, we successfully conducted nuclear tests in Pokhran and created a history.
- – Remembering the many great steps taken in technology which inspire us the most. National Technology Day.
- – On the anniversary of Pokhran test, the national technology day, we remember our late former Prime Minister Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee and late former President, Dr A P J Abdul Kalam.
- – A big salute to the scientists, researchers, and engineers whose innovations have made our lives better and easier. Happy National Technology Day.
- – On National technology day, India proudly tested its first indigenous aircraft “Hansa-3” at Bangalore. Saluting the scientists and engineers on this day.
- – On May 11th, 1998, India became a nuclear country with three successful nuclear tests at Pokharan. National technology day.
- – Saluting the visionary leadership of late AB Vajpayee, great scientists and brave soldiers on the anniversary of operation Shakti Pokhran 2. National Technology Day.
- – India was declared a full-fledged nuclear weapons state on May 11, 1998, after the Operation Shakti at Pokhran range. Happy national technology day.
- – The scientific and technological innovations by the country’s smartest minds will be remembered forever. Happy national technology day.
- – The National Technology Day marks the success of Pokhran Nuclear tests and this helped India stand along with Nuclear powers.
- – The mission to help all to do what can’t be done, making every day simpler through innovations. National Technology Day.
- – On National Technology Day, we remember the tireless efforts of scientists and soldiers in making this day a glorious one.
- – Pokhran test was a turning point in the history of India’s scientific & technological progress. Let’s celebrate the anniversary. National technology day.
- – National Technology Day is an opportunity to celebrate India’s scientific & technological developments and commemorate the visionary leadership of late Shri Vajpayee and Dr. Kalam for their contribution in making India a nuclear power.
National Technology Day: Significance of May 11, 1998, Pokhran II – Nuclear Tests
- After the successful conduct of 5 nuclear tests, India officially declared itself as a full-fledged nuclear state.
- These 5 nuclear tests were codenamed as ‘Operation Shakti’. However, the whole operation is also known as Pokhran-II.
- The nuclear tests were carried out at the Pokhran test range located in Rajasthan, India.
- These 5 nuclear tests were carried out by the Indian Army in collaboration with scientists of Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC), Atomic Minerals Directorate for Exploration and Research (AMDER).
- Pokhran-II nuclear tests helped India achieve the capability to build thermonuclear weapons and fission bombs.
- Successful Pokhran-II nuclear tests gave India the capability to build nuclear bombs with yields up to 200 kilotons.
History of National Technology Day
As we have seen above that on 11 May 1998 nuclear test was held in Pokhran and based on these tremendous achievements of the scientists, engineers etc., Atal Bihari Vajpayee declared 11 May as National Technology Day. Since 1999, every year the Technology Development Board (TDB) celebrates the day by various technological innovations that have positively impacted the nation. Also, every year TDB selects a theme and on that basis several events, competitions were held in the country. This day also marks the significance of Science in our day to day life.
National Technology day 2021 Theme
The best part about India’s National Technology Day is that every year, a theme is decided according to which the National Technology Day is celebrated. The theme for 2016’s National Technolgy Day was Technology enablers of Startup India. The theme for 2017’s National Technolgy Day was ‘Technology for inclusive and sustainable growth’. The theme for National Technology day 2018 was “Science and Technology for a sustainable future.” The theme for National Technology Day 2020 was RESTART- ‘Rebooting the Economy through Science, Technology and Research Translations.
National Technology Day: Celebrations
- – On this day TDB confer National Awards to the most noteworthy individuals, institutions and businesses of the year.
- – The Department of Science and Technology, Department of Bio-Technology, the Ministry of Earth Sciences, the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, and several other scientific departments are part of this event.
- – The people are awarded for their contribution so that they excel more and more in their research by the President of India.
- – The ministry of science and technology also coordinates different events across India.
- – All the decorations and planning of the event should be done according to the theme.
- – Script, speech, or essay competitions are organised in several institutions.
- – Theme based articles are also promoted etc.
Therefore, it is necessary to create interest and awareness about science and technology to the students. No doubt National technology Day is a great way to encourage the youth of the country to come forward and also is the way to appreciate the scientists, researchers for India’s growing technology.
Source: Dpt. of Science and Technology