May 16 2021 is that day, proclaimed by UNESCO as the International Day of Light. Because light is a key enabling tool for innovation and technology generation in medical devices, high-speed Internet, energy efficient illumination, high-sensitivity sensors, save online data, conservation of cultural heritage, renewable energy… and many more.
The International Day of Light will consist of coordinated activities on national, regional and international levels. Activities will be planned so that people of all ages and all backgrounds can gain an appreciation for the central role of light in science and culture, and as a cross-cutting scientific discipline that can advance sustainable development.
Celebrate the Day of Light with us; light is the future.”
International Day of Light History
The International Day of Light will be held on May 16 every year, on the anniversary of the first successful operation of the laser in 1960 by physicist and engineer, Theodore Maiman. The laser is a perfect example of how a scientific discovery can yield revolutionary benefits to society in communications, healthcare and many other fields.
However, the International Day of Light is not just about lasers and science. It also encompasses the fields of art, culture, and entertainment – everywhere that light is present
“Light is life. Without light, life on our planet would not exist. In studying light through astrophysics, we delve into some of the deepest mysteries of the universe. In exploring optics and quantum optics, we plunge into the heart of matter itself.
It is therefore unsurprising that, across cultures, light is a universal symbol of life, inclusion, and renewal. Light is associated with illumination, or spiritual awakening. Light is seen in opposition to darkness, which represents ignorance and intolerance.
International Day of Light 2021 Theme
Light is Life- Celebrating the International Day of Light (IDL) 2021
Although light symbolizes knowledge, we are still blind to many of its everyday applications. The high broadband speeds we use today could not have been achieved without fibre optics. DVDs and Blu-Ray discs could not be read without light. Solar energy is a source of heating. Light-based technologies are essential in healthcare, where optical instruments and tools are used for analysis and imaging, and ultraviolet light sources are used for sterilization. These technologies are also essential for sequencing genomes – like that of the SARS-CoV-2 virus, currently wreaking havoc around the world.
It is these exceptional properties that we celebrate every 16 May, on the International Day of Light. This year, as the world grapples with the COVID-19 pandemic, we hope that this event will also be an opportunity to shed light on unprecedented global challenges.“
International Day of Light 2021 Quotes, images, Wallpapers, Slogans
1. “Nothing can dim the light that shines from within.” Maya Angelou
2. “Let light shine out of darkness.” Anonymous
3. “But my darling, there’s no such thing as the light at the end of the tunnel, you must realize that you are the light.” Anonymous
4. “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” Martin Luther King Jr
5. “Within you is the light of a thousand suns.” Robert Adams
6. “He has those kind eyes that shone with the light of everything will be ok.” Atticus
7. “It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.” Aristotle
8. “We are all broken, that’s how the light gets in.” Ernest Hemingway
9. “Give light and people will find the way.” Ella Baker
10. “Be the light that helps others see.” Anonymous
11. “Light up the darkness.” Bob Marley
12. “In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present.” Francis Bacon
13. “Following the light of the sub, we left the Old World.” Christopher Columbus
14. “After darkness comes the light.” Cornelius Nepos
15. “If light is in your heart, you will find your way home.” Rumi
16. “There is no darkness so dense, so menacing, or so difficult that it cannot be overcome by light.” Vern P. Stanfill
17. “I shine with love and light in every moment.” Anonymous
18. “If you are the light, you cast away the darkness.” ManHee Lee
19. “Maybe you have to know the darkness before you can appreciate the light.” Madeline L’Engle
20. “Light attracts light.” Warsan Shire
21. “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness.” Desmond Tutuhttps
22. “To love beauty is to see light.” Victor Hugo
23. “An empty lantern provides no light. Self-care is the fuel that allows your light to shine brightly.” Anonymous
24. “All of the lights of the world cannot be compared to a ray of the inner light of the self.” Anonymous
25. “Only when we are brave enough to explore the darkness will we discover the infinite power of our light.” Brene Brown
26. “See the light in others, and treat them as if that is all you see.” Wayne Dyer
27. “Shine your own light. Follow your own path.” Anonymous
28. “Listen to the inner light; it will guide you. Listen to the inner peace; it will feed you. Listen to the inner love; it will transform you.” Sri Chinmoy