Global Handwashing Day 2021 It’s observed on 15 October to spread awareness about the significance of hand-washing with cleaner. Let us read further about Global Handwashing Day, this time’s theme, history, and significance.
Global Handwashing Day 2021 As we all know that the entire world is fighting with COVID-19 but one thing that we can not forget is that epidemic makes us remind about the significance of hand-washing. It’s also the simplest system to help the spread of any contagion and also ensures better health issues overall.
Every Time Global Handwashing Day is observed on 15 October. As per the CDC, keeping hands clean can help 1 in 3 diarrhoeal ails and 1 in 5 respiratory infections like cold or flu. The day also focuses on the significance of handwashing with cleaner and water at home, within the community, and across the world
The day is also the memorial that such a simple system of handwashing with water and cleaner can help the spreading of origins to others and also the coming step due to which we can avoid getting sick.
Global Handwashing Day 2021 Theme
Every year, the Global Handwashing Day is celebrated with a theme and this year’s theme is “Our Future is at Hand – Let’s Move Forward Together.”
Global Handwashing Day History
The first Globalhandwashing Day was observed in 2008 and held by the Global Handwashing Partnership. It’s a day that’s designed to foster and support a global and original culture of handwashing with cleaner, showing the significance of handwashing across the world. It also raises mindfulness about the advantages of handwashing with cleaner and water.
In 2008 when Global Handwashing Day was first time observed, over 120 million children around the world washed their hands with cleaner in further than 70 countries. Since also, Global Handwashing Day has continued to grow or celebrated across the globe. The Day is championed by governments, seminaries, transnational institutions, civil society organisations, NGOs, private companies, individualities, and more.
Global Handwashing Day 2021 Significance And Facts
Washing hands with cleaner and water help illness and the spread of infections to others.
It also helps in reducing the number of youthful children from getting sick. Thus tutoring kiddies and scholars about hand hygiene, handwashing will help them and communities will stay healthy.
To give education about handwashing in the community can
- Reduce the number of people who get sick or suffering from diarrhoea by about 23-40.
-In academy children, it also helps in reducing absenteeism due to gastrointestinal illness by 29-57.
-It also helps in reducing diarrhoeal illness in people with weakened vulnerable systems by about 58.
- Reduce respiratory illness including snap, in the general population by about 16-21. Handwashing prevents sickness and reduces the number of antibiotics people use and the liability that antibiotic resistance will develop. Let us tell you that handwashing can help about 30 of diarrhoea related sickness and about 20 of respiratory infections like cold etc. Thus, antibiotics are specified for these types of health issues also. By washing hands, infections can be reduced and constantly helps in precluding the overuse of antibiotics. Handwashing also prevents people from getting sick with origins that are formerly resistant to antibiotics and can be delicate to treat. Thus, Global Handwashing Day is observed on 15 October across the world to spread mindfulness about the significance of handwashing with water and cleaner and also to know about hand hygiene. Thus, this time’s theme is”Hand Hygiene for All” which is concentrated on maintaining the hygiene of hand that helps in precluding the spreading of origins, etc.
World HandWashing Day Facts
|World Hand Washing Day Observance||15th October|
|World Hand Washing Day began in||2008|
|Slogan||“Clean Hands for All”|
|Purpose||motivate people from all around the world to wash their hands|
Celebration of Global Hand Washing Day 2021
Global Handwashing Day Slogan 2021
One hand washes the other
In all the lands, wash your hands
Be aware, wash with care
Cleanliness is next to godliness
Two little hands, so clean and so bright, this is my left and that is my right
Your hands are lovely
Clean hands count
Clean hands – healthy hands
Clean hands are caring hands
Clean hands, safe hands
Wash your hands and fingers for any germs that lingers
Saving lives, it’s in your hands
Wash, wash, wash your hands
Washing hands prevents disease
Clean hands are healing hands
Global Handwashing Day Quotes 2021
- Please use soap to scrub each hand or you’ll spread disease to all the land.
- Safety first, wash and protect.
- Save Lives and Money. Save Time.
- Seeing is believing, but you can’t see germs.
- Soap and water go hand in hand.
- Some habits are good.
- Stop – please remove germs be decontaminating your hands.
- Stop disease in its tracks.
- Stop spreading germs in seconds.
- Stop! Handwashing is practiced here.
- Ten out of ten patients prefer care from clean hands.
- Use the soap, don’t be a dope.
- War on germs, hand to hand combat.
- Wash for happiness.
- Wash those germs right off your hands.
- Wash your hands and fingers for any germs that lingers.
- Washed hands are caring hands.
- Washing hands prevents disease and puts everyone else at ease.
- We’re all in this together.
- We’re counting on you to clean your hands.
- What are the top ten carriers of infection agents (each one of your fingers).
- Will you please, prevent disease. Wash your hands.
- You are grand if you wash your hand.
- Your hands are lovely.
World hand washing day comes to raise awareness among the people. A group of people feels the importance of washing hands. They have seen a huge number of people get affected by dieses and sometimes people die too just because they don’t wash their hands properly. So, they start working on it in 2008. Now it’s your turn to do something. You can invite more people to it. If possible, go to the rural area and work on it.