Navaratri and Dussehra is among the most awaited jubilee in Hinduism. The season brings a lot of joy and positivity in nature. Dussehra is followed by 9 days Navratri festivity and is celebrated with a great zeal and excitement across the nation
. These 10 days marks the most auspicious time in the Hindu timetable. As per the tradition, what makes Dussehra more special is that it’s celebrated because of two reason the first marks the end of demon King mahishasura by Godess Durga and alternate marks the return of Lord Ramchandra and Devi Sita along with Lakshman to ayodhya after spending 14 times in Jungle.
Dussehra’s date 2021
This time Dussehra will be celebrated on Friday 15th October each over the India. 14th October will mark the end of Navratri which started from 7th October. The Vijay muhurat will begin at 202p.m. and go until 248p.m., according todrikpanchang.com. The Dashami tithi will start on October 14, 2021, at 652p.m., and end on October 15, 2021, at 602p.m.
Durga Puja or Vijayadashami in the East and North-east, Dussehra in the Northern and Western countries. Dussehra is known by several names throughout India, but the spirit remains the same.
It was the day when Goddess Durga fought Mahishasura’s army and eventually killed the buffalodemon.Maa Durga’s triumph over the demon Mahishasura to save Dharma is celebrated on Vijayadashmi. The story of Dussehra, on the other hand, commemorates Lord Rama’s palm over Ravana.
According to Ramayana, Vijaydashmi or Dussehra marks the return of Lord Ramchandra after defeating the demon King Raavana. The day is frequently claimed as‘Burai pe Sacchai ki jeet’. The story goes long back to the time when Lord Rama, Goddess Sita and along with lord Rama’s youngish family Lakshman were doomed to spend 14 times of their life in jungle by their father Dashrath. That’s when grabbing the occasion, demon King Ravana abducted lord Sita while Ram and Lakhman were down hunting for food in the jungle. After hijacking, he carried her to his area, Lanka. Lord Rama, along with his family Lakshman, Lord Hanuman, and an army of monkeys, travelled to Lanka. On the tenth day of the battle, he defeated Ravana, the ten- headed demon, and since that day. Every time during Dashami, effigies of Ravana’s ten heads are burned. The triumph of good over wrong is symbolised by the burning of Ravana effigies.
In the Hindu grand Mahabharata, Arjuna destroyed the Kuruvansh on his alone, including notorious soldiers like Bhisma, Drona, Karna, and Ashwathama, in the battle of Kurushetra.
Significance of Dussehra
Dussehra or Vijaydashmi in India isn’t just a jubilee to celebrate. With its arrival, it also brings a lot of positivity as well as has a core communication hidden in it. Addicts worship the nine incorporations of Goddess Durga throughout the nine days prior to Dussehra or Durga Puja. Each of the Goddess Durga’s nine forms represents a different aspect of her. While Dussehra is celebrated to mark the palm of verity over taradiddle, triumph of Dharam over Adharma, Victory of good over wrong. And that’s why the day has a great significance in the society too. It teaches the humans to separate between what’s wrong and what’s right, where to raise the voice and where to lower it down, and likewise.
The core communication of the day is circulated through Ramleela (A kind of play which shows the Ramayana major aspects and ends up witnessing a defeated Demon king Raavan) During Ramleela people burn the effigies of Ravana’s ten heads along with his family Kumbhkarana and Sonmeghnath.On the day of Dussehra, people also prefer buying new vehicles, homes, or other colorful products. It’s a lucky day, and it’s allowed to be the stylish time to start a new action or business. They distribute sweets and occasionally also play with color to show their happiness. Getting a blessing from the senior on this day is meant to be a noble gesture.
Dussehra’s Celebration 2021
Although all 9 days of Navratri are celebrated with the same zeal, but since Dussehra marks the end of the auspicious occasion it’s celebrated on a much larger scale. Different corridor of India have their own way of celebrating this day in which most common is conducting a Ramleela after the show ends people go out on the thoroughfares or an open ground to dance, celebrate, distribute sweets and wishing their loved bones a happy and prosperous life.
The jubilee of Dussehra is an essential element of Indian culture. It’s also a crucial draw of International callers, the vibrant colours, massive icons, and familiar themes are what attracts the utmost of them. The jubilee is followed by Diwali, the jubilee of lights. People generally supplicate for a fresh launch in their life as well as remission for any wrongdoings.
Happy Dussehra 2021: Quotes
1. “The fragrance of the flower is never borne against the breeze, but the fragrance of human virtues diffuses itself everywhere.” – Ramayana
3. “Good must triumph over evil. It usually does in life and in any case, it’s bad for young people to believe it doesn’t.”- Barbara Cartland
4. “I hope that real love and truth are stronger in the end than any evil or misfortune in the world.”- Charles Dickens
5. “As birds are made to fly and rivers to run, so the soul to follow duty.” – Ramayana
6. “If you kill the Ravana in you, it’s like killing the healthy cells along with cancer cells. Guru with Guitar. Happy Dussehra.” – Vikrmn
7. “Ram-fication of Ravan-ous thoughts is what Dussehra all about.” – Vikrmn
8. “Shooting arrows at the multiple heads never kills the problem, one head replaces another, killing it will take just one focused shot at the heart of the problem.”- Shahenshah Hafeez Khan
9. “There is no denying that there is evil in this world but the light will always conquer the darkness.”- Idowu Koyenikan
10. “The important thing is to teach a child that good can always triumph over evil.”- Walt Disney
Happy Dussehra 2021: Wishes and Messages
1. Dussehra is a time for celebration, a time for victory of good over bad, a time to get inspired by the exemplary power of good. Wishing you a happy Dussehra!
2. May God Ram keep lighting your path of success and may you achieve victory in every phase of life. Happy Dussehra!
3. May Lord Ram shower his blessings on you and remove all the evils from your life. Happy Dussehra 2021!
4. Enjoy the victory of good over the evil. May you have a fun-filled and blissful day. Happy Dussehra 2021!
5. Vijaya Dashami ka shubh avsar apke aur apke parivar ke jivan mein sukh, samradhi aur shanti bharde. Happy Dussehra!
6. May all the worries of your life burn along with the effigy of Ravna. Happy Dussehra!
7. May this Dussehra, light up for you. The hopes of happy times, and a year full of smiles! Wish you Happy Dussehra!
8. May your problems go up in the smoke with the Ravana. May you always stay happy and achieve everything in your life. Keep Smiling and enjoy the day! Wish you Happy Dussehra!
9. This Dussehra, may you and your family are showered with positivity, wealth and success. Have a warm Dussehra!
10. No matter how powerful evil may seem, it will one day crumble under its own weight. Wish you Happy Dussehra!
11. May Lord Rama’s grace be with you and your family and may you always keep spreading love and happiness! Wishing a very happy Vijaya Dashami to you.
12. This Dussehra, May you be blessed with good fortune as long as Ganesha’s trunk; wealth and prosperity as big as his stomach; happiness as sweet and delicious as his ladoos and troubles as tiny as his mouse. Happy Dussehra!
13. Learn to praise, not to envy. Have a blessed Dussehra 2021!
14. Every day we see the sunrise that shows us that darkness will always be beaten by light – that is the power of good over evil. Wish you a Happy Dussehra!
15. Let’s start a great life by conquering our eternal 5 evils -Kaam, Krodh, Lobh, Moh, Ahankar…Let us take the oath to give a dimension to our life on this auspicious festival. Wish you a Happy Dussehra!
16. May this Dussehra all your worries and problems get resolved. Happy Dussehra 2021!
17. May the celebrations never end for you.. May the special occasion of Dussehra bring along great opportunities for you to succeed in life.. Happy Dussehra!
18. This Dusshera, I wish you to develop all the qualities of Lord Rama. Happy Dusshera!
19. Let us offer prayers to Lord Ram to always bless us with strength to conquer our challenges and have the wisdom to take right decisions in life. Happy Dussehra!
20. May all the tensions you face in your life burn along with the effigy of Ravana. May you be blessed with success and happiness ahead. Happy Dussehra!
Happy Dussehra 2021: WhatsApp and Facebook status
1. Happy Dussehra. The color, bliss and beauty of this festival spread love and joy among all.
2. Let’s celebrate the victory of forces of good over. Happy Dussehra.
3. May this Dussehra, light up for you. The hopes of happy times, dreams for a year full of smiles!
4. May Lord Ram shower all his blessings on you. Have a happy Dussehra!
5. I wish all the hurdles in your professional and personal life come to an end and there is positivity surrounding you. Wishing a very Happy Dussehra to you.
6. Warm greetings on Dussehra to you. May this festival inspire all of us to have a prosperous and inspiring life.
7. The occasion of Dussehra always inspires us to stand for the right and do the right thing.
8. Today is the day to take inspiration, to promise to always do the right thing…. Happy Vijaya Dashami.
9. They live happier and longer who never support the wrong…. Cheers to goodness!!! Happy Dussehra!
10. Dussehra ka parv humein yaad dilate hai sach ka saath dene wale kabhi nahin harte.
Happy Dussehra 2021: Poems
Today is the day when we burn all our sins,
And promise to begin all over again,
Flames come and take all the darkness away,
Light shines and makes it own way,
Because this is the festival where truth wins,
We make our way towards a bright future
And with our heads high and up chins,
Take a vow to do all this together,
As we burn the Ravana inside us
Which is kept like false heather!
by Namrata Bathija
Dusshera is a Victory Day,
Victory of Lord Ram over Raven,
Victory of almighty God over devil,
Victory of good over evil,
Victory of dharm over adharm.
It is a victory of life over death.
A victory of hope over despair,
A victory of creation over destruction,
A victory of light over darkness,
A victory of knowledge over ignorance.
A victory of justice over injustice,
Victory of dignity over oppression,
Alas! This victory will remain incomplete,
Till all the Kabeels, Sabeels and Afzals are hanged.