Durga Puja 2021 The auspicious festivity of Durga Puja is an frequent five- day festivity dawning in the Indian atoll which pays homage to the goddess Maa Durga. It celebrates the triumph of good over immorality as goddess Durga killed demon king Mahishasur. According to Hindu lore, it’s believed that the goddess visits her mundane home during this time to bless her aficionados.
Durga Puja holds great significance for the Bengali community. However, it’s also celebrated, with major pomp, in other lands like Odisha, Assam, Tripura, Bihar and Jharkhand. People begin their preparations to welcome the goddess on Mahalaya, which was celebrated on October 6. The festivity ends with Vijaya Dashami or Dussehra, marking the end of Durga Puja and the nine- day long Navratri fests. Vijay Dashami marks the triumph of Goddess Durga over the demon king Mahishasura. On the other hand, Dussehra or Dasara celebrates the triumph of Lord Rama over Ravana..
When is Durga Puja 2021?
This generation Durga Puja begins from Monday, October 11 (Maha Shasthi) and will end on Friday, October 15. On Maha Shashti, Durga Puja carnivals begin with full brio and the god of Maa Durga is unveiled to callers at the pandal. Barrels, known as’Dhaak’, are banged on every pandal. During Durga Puja, addicts wake up unseasonably to worship the goddess and follow other rituals.
Durga Puja 2021 Dates
Mahalaya Wednesday, October 6, 2021
.Maha Shasthi Monday, October 11, 2021
Maha Saptami Tuesday, October 12, 2021
.Durga Ashtami Wednesday, October 13, 2021
Maha Navami Thursday, October 14, 2021
.Vijaya Dashami (Dussehra) Friday, October 15, 2021
Durga Puja Significance
According to Hindu mythos, the demon Mahishasura had took a boon of invincibility from Lord Brahma, which meant that no man or god could kill him. Mahishasura attacked the gods and chased them out of heaven after taking the blessing. To fight off the demon king, all the gods came together to worship Adi Shakti. The sacred light that came out of all the gods during the puja created Maa Durga.
The fight between Maa Durga and Mahishasura lasted for ten days. Goddess Durga slayed the demon king on the tenth day, and hence the day it’s celebrated as Vijaya Dashami, symbolising the palm of good over evildoing. On the last day, addicts immerse Goddess Durga’s god in the holy water of the stream Ganges. It’s known as Durga Visarjan. Before the absorption, worshippers carry out processions accompanied by the beating of barrels, singing and dancing.
Durga Puja 2021 Wishes, Status, Greetings, Messages, Quotes
- Let’s enjoy the colorful occasion of Durga Puja with our family and loved ones. Blessed Happy Durga Puja.
- May Lord Durga gives you the strength to fight back all your enemies and patience that you live life peacefully.
- Durga Puja is the time to get busy in the festivities and create beautiful memories with our loved ones. Best wishes to you on Durga Puja for a wonderful year.
- A time for celebration, a time for victory of good over bad, a time when the world sees the power of good. Let us continue the same spirit. Happy Durga Puja.
- Don’t miss out on the joys of Puja by reading books and studying like a nerd. Come outside and join the crowd. Happy Durga Puja.
Durga Puja 2021 Quotes
Read Happy Durga Puja Quotes and Share them with your Family, Friends, and Feel Special Day, Please Share them on Social Media to Support us.
- May goddess Durga protect you for every evil out there and guide you wherever you go, whatever you do. Happy Durga Puja.
- Start this year by taking the blessings of Ma Durga, you will get all success and prosperity you want.
- Durga Puja is a reminder that we must always stand for the right and that is the best way to celebrate this auspicious day. Best wishes on Durga Puja.
- Celebrate The Victory Of The Force Of Good Over Evil. Let’s Celebrate An Auspicious Day To Begin New Beginnings In Life. Happy Durga Puja.
- Dedicate yourself to the rituals and prayers, not to the food. Have a good time partying, not in eating. Wish you all the best on this holy occasion.
Durga Puja 2021 Messages
- On this occasion, I am grateful to Maa for sending you in my life. May Maa protect you from the evil one and shower you with her blessings.
- Happy Durga Puja! Besides enjoying the nine days of Navratri celebration, we wish, you also have a fantastic year.
- Durga Puja is a pious occasion to start anything new, Let us celebrate this occasion with new thoughts, new hopes, and new opportunities. Happy Durga Puja.
- May the divine blessings of Goddess Durga bring you bountiful joy and happiness. Sending you hearty wishes on Durga Puja! Happy Durga Puja.
- Let us find peace through absolute devotion to the goddess of power and strength. Let this Durga puja be the occasion to come closer to each other.
Durga Puja 2021 Status
- You are the most special person in my life and in this Durga Puja. I pray to stay with you forever. Best wishes to you on this special occasion.
- Don’t think about fat this Druga Puja, Ma Druga will give you all strength to lose weight. Eat right, sleep tight.
- May you are always surrounded by happiness and positivity with the blessings and love of Maa Durga. Wishing you a very Happy Durga Puja.
- May Goddess Durga give you the strength to fight for the good and overcome the evil. Sending my special wishes for a joyous celebration on Durga Puja.
- May the colors of this beautiful festival stay forever with you. May the eternal joy touch every soul in your family. Wishing happy Durga puja.
Durga Puja 2021 Greetings
Read Happy Durga Puja Greetings and Share it with your Family, Friends, and Feel Special Day, Please Share it on Social Media to Support us.
- May this Puja bring out the best in you and help you to become a better person. Warm wishes for you on this Durga Puja.
- Happy Durga Puja, Happy Navratri, and Happy Dusshera, names are different, but you enjoy it with the same enthusiasm.
- May you are blessed with Yash, Aishwarya, Dhan, and Samridhi on the auspicious occasion of Durga Puja, Wishing you happy festive times with your loved ones.
- Let The Joy Of Festivity Embrace You And Your Loved Ones On The Occasion Of Durga Puja This Year. Very Happy Happy Durga Puja To You And Your Family.
- You are so lucky to celebrate every Durga puja with an awesome friend like me. You should be thankful for this gift. Wish you have a good time!